SynGrasp is a MATLAB toolbox developed for the analysis of grasping, suitable both for robotic and human hands. It includes functions for the definition of hand kinematic structure and of the contact points with a grasped object. The coupling between joints induced by an underactuated control can be modeled. The hand modeling allows to define compliance at the contact, joint and actuator levels. The analysis functions provided can be used to investigate the main grasp properties: controllable forces and object displacement, manipulability analysis, grasp quality measures. Functions for the graphical representation of the hand, the object and the main analysis results are provided.
- M. Malvezzi, G. Gioioso, G. Salvietti, D. Prattichizzo, A. Bicchi. SynGrasp: a MATLAB Toolbox for Grasp Analysis of Human and Robotic Hands. In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, To appear, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2013
- D. Prattichizzo, M. Malvezzi, M. Gabiccini, A. Bicchi. On the Manipulability Ellipsoids of Underactuated Robotic Hands with Compliance. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Elsevier, 2012. pdf
- M. Gabiccini, A. Bicchi, D. Prattichizzo, M. Malvezzi. On the role of hand synergies in the optimal choice of grasping forces. Autonomous Robots, Springer, 31:235-252, 2011. pdf
- G. Gioioso, G. Salvietti, M. Malvezzi, D. Prattichizzo. An Object-Based Approach to Map Human Hand Synergies onto Robotic Hands with Dissimilar Kinematics. In Robotics: Science and Systems VIII, To appear, To appear, The MIT Press, Sidney, Australia, July 2012.pdf
- D. Prattichizzo, M. Malvezzi, A. Bicchi. On motion and force controllability of grasping hands with postural synergies. In Robotics: Science and Systems VI, pp. 49-56, The MIT Press, Zaragoza, Spain, June 2011. pdf
- D. Prattichizzo, J. Trinkle. Chapter 28 on Grasping. In Handbook on Robotics, B. Siciliano, O. Kathib (eds.), [This Handbook was honored by Association of American Publisher with the prestigious PROSE Award for Excellence in Physical Sciences and Mathematics. The Handbook was also the winner in the subcategory Engineering and Technology.], Pages 671-700, 2008. pdf