Last version released SynGrasp2.0.
This version includes substantial variations of the file organisation. Several examples have been added including human synergies mapping onto robotic hand with different kinematics, evaluation of human hand writing and a grasp planner. This version consents to use a GUI to interact with the toolbox hand models and functionalities. The new User guide will be available soon.
We have recently presented SynGrasp at the RSS Conference in the Workshop: Common Platforms in Robotic Manipulation
The paper “SynGrasp: a MATLAB Toolbox for Grasp Analysis of Human and Robotic Hands” has been accepted for publication at the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
The toolbox will be therefore presented in Karlsruhe on May 6-10.
We found that using SynGrasp with different Matlab versions could lead to different results obtained by the same toolbox functions.
We fixed this problem in this new subversion of the toolbox.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
We found some wrong instructions in the “help” of some functions due to the overlap of different toolbox versions. We fixed them and now the version SynGrasp1.2 that you can download from the link below (last post) should be ok from this point of view.
Please contact us to report any eventual problem you find using the toolbox at:
We will appreciate your … help.
In this version of toolbox some bugs were fixed and the “help” of most of the functions have been updated.
The SynGrasp User Guide is also online.
Download it from the link below!
SynGrasp User Guide
SynGrasp is a MATLAB toolbox developed for the analysis of grasping, suitable both for robotic and human hands. It includes functions for the definition of hand kinematic structure and of the contact points with a grasped object. The coupling between joints induced by an underactuated control can be modeled. The hand modeling allows to define compliance at the contact, joint and actuator levels. The analysis functions provided can be used to investigate the main grasp properties: controllable forces and object displacement, manipulability analysis, grasp quality measures. Functions for the graphical representation of the hand, the object and the main analysis results are provided.
- M. Malvezzi, G. Gioioso, G. Salvietti, D. Prattichizzo, A. Bicchi. SynGrasp: a MATLAB Toolbox for Grasp Analysis of Human and Robotic Hands. In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, To appear, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2013
- D. Prattichizzo, M. Malvezzi, M. Gabiccini, A. Bicchi. On the Manipulability Ellipsoids of Underactuated Robotic Hands with Compliance. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Elsevier, 2012. pdf
- M. Gabiccini, A. Bicchi, D. Prattichizzo, M. Malvezzi. On the role of hand synergies in the optimal choice of grasping forces. Autonomous Robots, Springer, 31:235-252, 2011. pdf
- G. Gioioso, G. Salvietti, M. Malvezzi, D. Prattichizzo. An Object-Based Approach to Map Human Hand Synergies onto Robotic Hands with Dissimilar Kinematics. In Robotics: Science and Systems VIII, To appear, To appear, The MIT Press, Sidney, Australia, July 2012.pdf
- D. Prattichizzo, M. Malvezzi, A. Bicchi. On motion and force controllability of grasping hands with postural synergies. In Robotics: Science and Systems VI, pp. 49-56, The MIT Press, Zaragoza, Spain, June 2011. pdf
- D. Prattichizzo, J. Trinkle. Chapter 28 on Grasping. In Handbook on Robotics, B. Siciliano, O. Kathib (eds.), [This Handbook was honored by Association of American Publisher with the prestigious PROSE Award for Excellence in Physical Sciences and Mathematics. The Handbook was also the winner in the subcategory Engineering and Technology.], Pages 671-700, 2008. pdf